[Wikipedia-l] Re: Standard Wikipedia procedure?

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 22:07:17 UTC 2006

Andre Engels wrote:
> 2006/1/29, Chris Jenkinson <chris at starglade.org>:
>
>>What kind of pages do you mean? Stuff generally gets transwikied to meta
>>if it's not really about Wikipedia but more about the community. What do
>>you mean by other languages deciding differently? To not transfer stuff
>>to meta? I don't think it's a dictated policy by Jimbo so I reckon you
>>can do what you like with it.
>

> The issue is about the page [[Wikipedia:Wikiholic]] and its equivalent
> in other languages. Someone (CoolCat) moved them from all languages he
> could find to meta. Getting reverted in some languages, he wrote "I
> already moved everything here to the meta page, what is the problem?
> True Wikipediholic always put this stuff to meta :P" and then
> re-reverted in some cases, not in others.
>
> --
> Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
> ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels

Just revert back if your community agrees to keep it on wikipedia.
He is free to copy the text on meta, but imho, NOT FREE to impose the
move to communities to which he does not belong.

I looked at the french version. CoolCat was reverted twice over there.

I would recommand CoolCat to avoid doing that too often on projects
which are not his. He would be free game to be *blocked*.

ant