[Wikipedia-l] Where ends the responsibility of Wikipedia? (personal information of people)

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sun Jan 29 15:39:00 UTC 2006

It is not that your identity so far as the state or federal
government is stolen. Identity theft refers to someone gaining
sufficient access to your personal information that it is possible to
access your credit card accounts and bank accounts or create new
ones. What they are stealing is your credit rating. They can then run
up a big bill and leave you with it; the banks and credit companies
may forgive the debt, but straightening your credit rating will be
difficult and time consuming, or expensive (if you hire it done).

I suspect the same thing  could happen to a Belgium citizen.

Could a person armed with your identity card open up a line of credit
without you knowing it.? Could they get a "lost" identity card issued
in your name to them?

Fred