[Wikipedia-l] Re: An outsider's view on en-admin-only whatever and the rest

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 26 04:12:35 UTC 2006

Maru Dubshinki wrote:

>On 1/25/06, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>On 1/25/06, Maru Dubshinki <marudubshinki at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>If the problem is really apparent, why can't you tag the page appropriately?
>>>I don't think adding a new layer of procedure will help anything;
>>>people who already have the time and such will already be working on
>>>the cleanup category.
>>>

>>Sure.
>>Let me just take a look...
>>[[Category:NPOV disputes]] 1800 articles tagged.
>>[[Category:Articles which may be biased]] 196 articles tagged
>>[[Category:Accuracy disputes]]  1000 articles tagged
>>[[Category:Pages needing attention]]  198 articles tagged
>>[[Category:Possible copyright violations]] 199 articles tagged
>>
>>Of course, my "urgent request" will be taken care of within the hour.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Delphine
>>--
>>~notafish
>>

>Why is your urgent request more urgent than all those others?

Because, for example, it might deal with a matter that creates potential
legal liability for the Wikimedia Foundation. Which would make it just a
little more pressing than the question of what is really known about
[[Celtic Christianity]].

These are not problems for which "Just tag it and we'll fix it later" is
an appropriate response. Hence the sarcastic reaction when that response
is given.

--Michael Snow