[Wikipedia-l] Serbo-Croatian wikipedia

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Jan 8 00:04:08 UTC 2006

Dejan Cabrilo wrote:

>Datrio just started a poll on closing Serbo-Croatian wiki, unblocked a
>vandal who blanked dozens of articles, and made up rules that people
>who've been targeting Serbo-Croatian wiki can vote, pretty much
>disregarding all the people involved in the project.
>
>Datrio, may I ask you why??? I really, truly, don't understand. We get
>a vandal, few trolls to support the vandal, and your response is to
>close the wiki!?

I won't vote because I am not part of that community, but the recent
changes does show that the project is active.  Assuming that the vote
succeeds there would still be enough active and involved people to pass
the criteria for starting a new wiki.  Under those circumstances
wouldn't it be much easier to argue that a dissolution vote is invalid
if it would leave enough people behind to start a new wiki in that same
language.

Ec