[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia Day 2006 : 5 years wikifying knowledge

M. Creidieki Crouch creidieki at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 22:02:57 UTC 2006

> Switch back to software phase I during the full day ... would be my
> favorite. or have a version of these times set up and fully working just
> to see how it was :-)

We're very likely to be heavily linked on that day from Slashdot and
potentially other news services.  That means we need the Main Page to
be as newbie-friendly as possible.  I think that "look at the pathetic
old configuration" would be a major mistake.  Having Wikipedia as the
Featured article might be a good way to draw people in.

-- Creidieki