[Wikipedia-l] Factual error on main page of en.wikipedia.org

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Sun Aug 13 16:32:54 UTC 2006

Hi all.  I'm posting here as I consider this fairly high urgency.

There is a factual error on the main page in the featured article for
Caroline Island.  I can't edit the page although I have fixed the Caroline
Island article itself.

Caroline Island is not the land closest to the International Date Line
(outside of Antartica) on the western side.  [[Big Diomede Island]] holds
this honour at a distance of one mile from the IDL.  Caroline Island was
among the first places to see the new year and dawn in 2000 as it is in
GMT+14, which is where the confusion arises.

For more on this see [[talk:International Date Line]] where a discussion
has taken place over the last few months on this issue.

Perhaps someone could fix the main page.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd      Email:          support at opentrend.net
                              Web:            www.opentrend.net

If you are emailing regarding an open ticket please consider
mentioning the ticket ID as this will assist us in responding
as quickly as possible.