[Wikipedia-l] Re: No more new Wikipedias !

Arbeo M arbeo_m at yahoo.de
Wed Sep 28 18:37:53 UTC 2005

--- Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> schrieb:

> I consider the board is not here to micromanage
> things and that natural
> leaders or natural groups of decision makers should
> appear to make the
> final decision on whether to open a new language or
> not.
[...]
> But once a project has be agreed upon, I do not see
> the decision of
> opening one language or not being the job of board
> members, EXCEPT for
> decision such as whether to work in real languages
> only, or to accept
> constructed languages, because again, it might be a
> strategic decision.
> My opinion on the matter is simply that languages
> such as Klington are
> not welcome. And it seems the other board members
> agree with this.

This surely sounds sensible. A decision not to allow
constructed languages anymore could certainly be
regarded as a strategic decision. Since the board
seems to be unanimous on this matter and the issue
keeps on coming up again and again - causing
unproductive strife each time - wouldn't it make sense
if the board turned this attitude into an official
policy?

Thus, the community would be disburdened from a
controversial issue that obviously is not really
solvable here and concentrate on making the existing
Wikipedias work and starting successful new ones.

Arbeo