[Wikipedia-l] Wikimentaries and multimedia collaboration

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 22:35:38 UTC 2005

Some documentarists who came to Wikimania last month are interested in
developing ways for community members to develop their own
documentaries and shorts from their raw footage. (~20 hours of film,
including many interviews)  They are also developing a piece of their
own, but are increasingly excited about the idea of a "wikimentary" --
seeing what the community would do with the material.

On top of their material, Fuzheado captured a number of interviews
with Wikimedians around the world, we have full video capture of
around 20 sessions, we have a Public-Domain micro-documentary from
Soufron, et al...

Some early discussion about a wikimentary :
   http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimentary

There are lots of technical and interface issues to work out, some of
which touch on boundaries we are already pushing when we share and
collaborate on images and sound files.  What audio/video projects on
the projects should be alerted to this?

++SJ ,  filmmaker wannabe