[Wikipedia-l] Re: Re: Wikipedia English English

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Sat Sep 24 11:00:40 UTC 2005

Jack & Naree wrote:
> Would anybody on this list disagree that AmE is a clearly distinct dialect
> of English? It would appear not.
> These two factors alone seem to be enough for other dialects to get a
> Wikipedia.

I disagree with this one. Yes, there are differences between "British
English" and "American English". But I think those differences are
smaller than the differences between any two existing Wikipedia's. Those
are languages that have own Wiikpedia's; not dialects.

Gerrit.

--
Temperature in Luleå, Norrbotten, Sweden:
| Current temperature   05-09-24 10:19:54    9.8 degrees Celsius ( 49.7F) |