[Wikipedia-l] English stats

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Sep 20 21:43:00 UTC 2005

In the last two weeks this list saw 233 messages with "English" in
the Subject line.  The most common ("Re:" removed) were:

 95 Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia English English
 45 Subject: [Wikipedia-l] new request for ASL/English wikipedia
 30 Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Sample ASL/English entry
 22 Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Anglicised English British English
  9 Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Request for AS/English Wikipedia
  9 Subject: [Wikipedia-l] OurMedia for ASL-English video

None of these discussions are expected to lead anywhere in the
near future.  Please wake me up when you have some ASL websites
that I can look at, or when you have reached consensus on
color/colour spelling.

The most of these pointless messages were posted by:

 27 From: Mark Williamson
 21 From: Gerard Meijssen
 19 From: Jack & Naree
 19 From: Alphax
 16 From: Andrew Gray
 12 From: James R. Johnson

I admit to having written 2 of the messages, and this is my 3rd.

In 1945 Vannevar Bush wrote an article about the Memex, but he
never built one.  In 1960 Ted Nelson started to design the Xanadu
system, but have you seen it in operation?  The aspect that makes
Wikipedia stand out is that it exists.  We will continue to be
more successful than those old losers if we keep smalltalk to a
minimum and get back to work on ideas that we can implement.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)