[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia English English

Caroline Ford caroline at secretlondon.me.uk
Mon Sep 19 20:05:55 UTC 2005

Nah - not all US accents are rhotic, and the UK has some rhotic accents
too..

Prescriptiveness doesn't work for language, ever.

English imperialism actually offends me more than US imperialism. It's nice
to think that nationalists exist only on the other side of the Atlantic but
it certainly isn't true..