[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia English English

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Sep 19 14:38:10 UTC 2005

Jack & Naree wrote:

> Incorrect, if you want proper English, go to England; that is where the
>English language is spoken by the English people, of England.

Incorrect.  Usage among the educated class of England is no longer
definitional of the English language.

In any case, this debate is unlikely to go anywhere.  Our friend "Jack &
Naree" is obviously a imperialist of the eldest variety, and unlikely to
be convinced that his particular bastardized dialect of
early-21st-century English is anything but the divinely-sanctioned
correct one.

-Mark