[Wikipedia-l] New request for Cantonese Wikipedia: vote at 29-6

Far ffaarr at seed.net.tw
Tue Sep 13 11:15:25 UTC 2005

>Hi Ffarr,

>It's nice to see you've subscribed to Wikipedia-l.

>Although it's a little bit off-topic, I'd like to ask you what you
>think of the Traditional-Simplified conversion system in its current
>form.

>Obviously, it's not perfect, but do you find it satisfactory? Or do
>you think it has a long way to go still before it can be accepted?

>Mark

hello Mark:

Although  Traditional-Simplified conversion system is not perfect and we often have to try  to solve some problems, I think it  satisfacory and will gradually become better and better. I think it is because that  although Mandarin Chinese in Mainland China, Taiwan, Hongkong, Singapore etc. are different in some vocabularies and writing system, they are all the same language and people using them can communicate easily with each other. (I have heard Someone suggesting Mandarin -Cantonese conversion, I think it is too hard for two different languages with a lot of vocabulary  and even some grammer differences .)

ffaarr