[Wikipedia-l] Test-wp issue again.

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 05:20:21 UTC 2005

There appears to be an issue with test-wikipedias again.

Elian has deleted 3 without first gaining a consensus that they may be
deleted, and also added the message:

"Important note: The existing test wikipedias listed here may continue
to use Meta-Wiki as temporary workspace but no new ones should be
added here. Remember that this space serves as a proof of concept and
that the number of pages is limited to 100. Please don't create any
redirects or pages in the main name space. Images should be uploaded
to Commons, not Meta so that they can be later used in the newly
created wiki as well."

Why can't anybody create new Test Wikipedias?? Whose decision was
that? The consensus at RfD before was to keep all Test Wikipedias,
with overwhelming support.

I can understand limiting pages to 100, and requesting people not to
make pages in the main namespace, but why can't people create new Test
Wikipedias???

And why did you delete 3? Scots I can understand, it has its own Wikipedia now.

But North Frisian and Kokborok??? What is your reasoning for this??
Yes, they're only one or two pages, but it's still wrong to delete
them without a successful RfD because there's already a previous vote
which by a wide margin chose to keep them.

Mark