[Wikipedia-l] Lingala Wikipedia

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 07:00:20 UTC 2005

On 9/8/05, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://ln.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litaue -- actually in Dutch (!)

Actually, it is in Afrikaans (and a literal copy of [[af:Litaue]],
including the on Lingala not working template and the on Lingala not
existing internal images).

> I don't know what action needs to be taken, but I'm pretty sure that
> something should be done.

Personally, I have little problems with the bilingual interface,
although I would assume that it gets changed once the 'real' Lingala
editors start getting to be the majority.

However, the articles that are in English or French seem to me to not
be the intention of a Lingala Wikipedia. There may be one or two
exceptions (perhaps some pages about the language itself?), and one
could put a page there that one intends to translate, but that latter
should also not be more than 1 or 2 pages per editor.

I think the pages should be either removed, or replaced by stubs in
Lingala, with perhaps a link to the English or French article for more
information.

Andre Engels