[Wikipedia-l] How to handel violation against GFDL

Ting Chen Wing.Philopp at gmx.de
Thu Sep 1 11:43:36 UTC 2005

Hello Folks,

in the chinese Wikipedia we have at the moment the following problem:

One of the major chinese webhoster (Sohu) had adapted parts of articles from
the chinese Wikipedia, without to mention that the parts are from Wikipedia
and without to mention that they are under GFDL. Contrary they places under
those articles their own standard copyright claim.

We have now wrote an e-mail to them to claim
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Standard_GFDL_violation_letter with
a chinese translation), but our experience is that they would just ignore
us. So how should we handel this?

Regards
Ting.