[Wikipedia-l] Re: Paid-for-articles WPs in smaller languages

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Tue May 31 07:10:15 UTC 2005

There are a lot of Roma people in Serbia and they are very very poor.
Maybe it is better to organize some stipendies for some of them to
study and work on Wikipedia? Average salary in Serbia is around
$350/month, but I think it would be enough $100 for some yung Roma who
study high school or university. Romas in high school are very rare,
so it can be the target population. (I would waste a lot of time to
find some Roma who is studing something on university.)

I don't think that it is bad idea. Almost all of us are working on
Wikipedia in his/her free time, but a lot of small ethicities are
living very poor and they don't have enough of free time.

Wikipedia became important global cultural movement. And Wikipedians
should start to thinkg about helping other people to become a part of
their movement.