[Wikipedia-l] Izynews

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 22:09:25 UTC 2005

Hi

Just checking

Nl contributors are reporting a problem in the Izynews website (which is
a mirror of Wikipedia in nl, de and fr).

In short, Izynews has strangely replaced nearly everywhere "wikipedia"
by "encyclopedia", which result in rather strange articles such as "

Encyclopédie  est une encyclopédie libre , gratuite, universelle et
multilingue, écrite par des volontaires et basée sur un site Web
(http://fr.wikipedia.org  en français ) utilisant la technologie wiki .
Encyclopédie est financée et gérée par la Fondation Wikimedia . Ce nom
se rapporte aussi au projet visant à construire l'encyclopédie.

Unfortunately, that also means that at least for images, the credit is
given to "encyclopedia" rather than "wikipedia".

Besides, in nl, images display by default a gfdl licence, even when they
are not.

In de, license seem to be fine.
In fr, images seem to be missing.

I feel that a mail could be enough to fix this, but I can't help
thinking I already know that name, and suspect we already had issues
with them. However, I could not find someone who would remember. Have we
already warned them about lack of compliance or not ?

Anthere

I already heard