[Wikipedia-l] Re: Jimbo interview on NPR Friday?

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Wed May 25 18:38:03 UTC 2005

Anthere (anthere9 at yahoo.com) [050526 02:28]:
> David Gerard a écrit:
> > Stirling Newberry
> (stirling.newberry at xigenics.net) [050523 12:18]:

> >>The program in question is Christopher Lydon's new show "Open Source".
> >>Mr. Lydon is one of the most ardent advocates of the change that is
> >>taking place in our society, of which wikipedia is a part.

> > Yep. It's a good show and Lydon's very clueful about the issues.

> I personally would not call particularly clueful a journalist
> exclusively interested in the english speaking part of our project.

One of the very first things he said was pointing out how many languages it
was in, and the show featured a long segment with a South African
contributor talking about contributing to both the English and Afrikaans
Wikipedias and about the Wikipedias for other South African languages, and
about cross-cultural issues.

Reasonably speaking, what on Earth more than that are you demanding for an
English-language radio show broadcast on an American radio station?

- d.