[Wikipedia-l] Re: Ratings and decisions

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon May 23 01:26:33 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:
> Gregory Maxwell (gmaxwell at gmail.com) [050523 08:15]:
>>On 5/22/05, David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:
>
>>>Mmmm. Possibly the results should not even be viewable for 1.5.
>
>>So are we to create yet another class of privileged user now? Those
>>with access to the verification system output?
>>What a horrible idea.  Our community is founded on openness and
>
> No, no, only for 1.5 - so that the data gathering can proceed without any
> visible output as a running score.

Eeeeeeh? This doesn't make any sense, and sounds like a terrible,
terrible thing. I would rather remove the survey feature ("validation")
from 1.5 entirely than have some weird hidden secret survey thing.

(In any case, as always I strongly recommend removing it from the core
distribution and making it an extension. It's not a core function and
shouldn't be touching core code much if at all. Changing the
"validation" name would probably also be wise, as it doesn't seem to be
involved with validating anything.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)