[Wikipedia-l] [Fwd: [bjc] World Summit Awards USA competition]

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue May 3 19:26:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 02:56:25PM -0400, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> Hmm, I wonder if we can think of any websites to nominate in the
> e-culture, e-learning categories? ;-)  I haven't checked the website,
> but these awards are given in 150 countries, so we have plenty of
> opportunities to win a few dozen of them. ;-)
>
> Maybe there is a global category.
>
> --Jimbo
>

>From the look of it, it's something like a Miss Universe pageant: each
nation narrows down its nominees to a national "winner" who goes on to
compete in the international . . . thingie . . . except that this has
categories.  That being the case, I think I'd really like to see several
Wikipedia projects from around the world end up "competing" against each
other in Tunis.  Could be fun.

--
Chad Perrin
[ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.apotheon.org ]