[Wikipedia-l] Autofellatio

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Mar 30 19:45:45 UTC 2005

I totally agree with Andre here.

I think it's important for us to take a middle path here.  (Big
surprise coming from me, huh?)  We can't be complete cultural
relativists and say "anything goes in any wikipedia as long as the
participants agree" -- this would be the end of neutrality.  At the
same time, we must not be complete cultural *imperialists* and assume
that exactly identical decisions have to be made everywhere,
particularly on sensitive matters that have a strong cultural
component.

Andre wrote:
> A policy that says that we will exclude the same on all languages,
> says that we don't trust the Wikipedias to make their own choices.

I think that's very well said.

--Jimbo