[Wikipedia-l] Re: Autofellatio

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 03:32:12 UTC 2005

Gregory Maxwell a écrit:
 > On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:55:25 +0200, Anthere
 >
 >>And ?
 >>I do not think anyone can claim to be truely neutral on this picture :-)
 >>And I think we have the right to have opinions. All those who voted had
 >>an opinion.
 >

 > But is it appropriate for people to organize flash mobs to go vote on
 > content in an encyclopedia that they don't even use?

No. And this was *precisely* what was happening. And this was one of the
reasons why I brought attention to the list about it. And this was
precisely why helping to decrease the amount of vandalism on one pedia
resulting in the decision taken by another pedia could help.

There is a saying : good fences make good neighbours.

 > Sounds like the image was VFDed (I don't know, I don't really care
 > about it)...  If it is the case that users which only registered to
 > keep it off of their languages swung the vote, then a tragedy
 > occurred.

perhaps not a tragedy, but yes, it occurred. It occurred because people
were tired to fight this type vandalism.

 > Especially since the use of that image in vandalism could very well
 > have been the actions of strongly POVed people who wanted it removed
 > to suit their prudish wishes (not saying that all who want it gone are
 > prudes...)

Not sure about that. I think the primary reason was to prevent vandalism...

 > As far as being neutral on the image. I've seen it a few times and
 > have utterly no emotional reaction to it, when I first saw it I said
 > "ha, I bet that causes edit wars".  ::shrugs::    Not everyone makes a
 > big deal out of sexual things. To each his own.

Neutrality is not even about being non-reactive about a topic.