[Wikipedia-l] Re: Autofellatio

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 18:56:32 UTC 2005

David Gerard a écrit:
> Anthere (anthere9 at yahoo.com) [050330 04:12]:
>

>>David Gerard a écrit:
>>
>>>Anthere (anthere9 at yahoo.com) [050329 15:02]:

>>>You realise that action was probably worse than useless:
>>
>>Uh ?
>>Giving one's opinion is worse than useless ???
>>

>>>1. It doesn't slow down the vandals one bit - they routinely create a
>>>username, upload the image then make their edit putting it in place.
>>>The image will keep reappearing as long as the technical facility exists.
>>
>>Yes, but if the image is voted once for deletion, it should be
>>automatically redeleted afterwards.
>>

>>>2. The deletion vote has reoccurred so often as to be vexatious IMO. It
>>>keeps getting nominated for deletion, it keeps getting voted to be kept.
>>>(What's the point, to keep nominating it until you get the answer you
>>>want?)
>>
>>This was the first time *I* voted.
>>

>>>3. It encourages threads like this has become.
>>>

>>>- d.

>>Well, if the current direction is to encourage editors to say nothing at
>>all when they disagree with a situation, or to flow them under
>>accusations and insults when they do nevertheless, I think Wikipedia is
>>in big trouble. It is never a good think to threaten people who try to
>>give their opinion, and today makes me really wonder what project I am
>>in all fairness giving my time to.
>

> Where in the above did I threaten you, or do anything even resembling
> threatening you?
>
> (Or were you responding to someone else in replying to my message?)
>

> - d.

Sorry, the conclusion is not about your comments of course, but about
all those I receive in the course of the day. Let me limit myself to say
that some of the comments I heard today from three people terribly
hurted me, and that the near absence of reaction to this mishandling is
even hurting me more.