[Wikipedia-l] Autofellatio

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:00:05 UTC 2005

> Well most people decided it shouldn't be on Wikipedia, whether because
> they suspected it was a copyright violation, they thought it was too open
> to abuse, or they didn't think it was suitable for Wikipedia.  Quadell has
> closed the discussion, deleted the image, and removed the link from the
> article.
> I'm happy with this outcome.  The image was deleted by consensus.

I'm not sure the reason many people gave for deleting this particular
image on grounds of copyright violation was their real reason for
wanting it gone, we have a lot of images with the same unconfirmed
copyright state, that is,  someone with <50 edits uploaded it never to
be seen again and slapped a GFDL notice on it. I'm not sure I disagree
with deleting them on those reasons but I ask those that did vote to
delete this picture on grounds of copyright violation to not apply
double standards and find and or vote to delete other images of
similar copyright status in the future if that was their real reason
but not some pretext for wanting it gone.