[Wikipedia-l] Autofellatio

Wouter Steenbeek musiqolog at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:51:33 UTC 2005

>From: "Tony Sidaway" <minorityreport at bluebottle.com>
>To: <wikipedia-l at Wikimedia.org>
>Subject: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Autofellatio
>Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:28:52 +0100 (BST)
>
>Wouter Steenbeek said:
> >
> > Now more concrete on the picture itself: If there is an encyclopedic
> > article  on a sexual topic in which a picture of someone doing a blow
> > job on himself  is or might be relevant, then we must maintain the
> > article, otherwise we  shouldn't, because it can only be abused. The
> > case is that simple in my  view. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I am a
> > relative newbe...)
> >

>Well most people decided it shouldn't be on Wikipedia, whether because
>they suspected it was a copyright violation, they thought it was too open
>to abuse, or they didn't think it was suitable for Wikipedia.  Quadell has
>closed the discussion, deleted the image, and removed the link from the
>article.
>I'm happy with this outcome.  The image was deleted by consensus.

So am I, don't get me wrong. The image was said to be copyrighted and I
don't see any opportunity to include the picture (perhaps in [[Back
Troubles]]...). If the picture was re-added by the same guy (very probably
it was a guy) who uploaded it first, then block him, for he will very likely
be the vandal who put it on everyone's Talk pages as well. However, I must
express a certain admiration for this creative way of vandalism... (which is
in no way meant to justify it!)