[Wikipedia-l] Autofellatio

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:43:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 04:42:36 -0800, Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales
<jwales at wikia.com> wrote:

> But don't imagine that those of us who think that, for example, it is
> blatantly obvious that the [[Imgae:Autofellatio_2.jpg]] image is wildly
> inappropriate for wikipedia are simply prudish censors.  Such a view
> really fails to respect and understand the point that we are making.
>
> A respectful discussion of this difficult issue is hard to have if
> anyone who is in favor of deleting some images from wikipedia is to be
> shunned as a censor who ought to leave the project and fork.

I do not want to discuss whether the image is appropriate or not.
That's an issue that I do not want to discuss here, although I guess
it needs to be discussed. What I do want to state is that if there is
one Wikipedia page in one language where it *is* appropriate, and
1.499.999 pages on the various Wikimedia Wikis where it is *not*
appropriate, the one page that can use it should weigh more heavily
than those other 1.499.999 where it is not. And in particular, an
image should not be deleted from the *English* Wikipedia because it is
inappropriate at the *French* one.

Andre Engels