[Wikipedia-l] IBM releases history flow tool

Erik Zachte e.p.zachte at chello.nl
Sat Mar 26 00:59:30 UTC 2005

> once we confirm that a few thousand people using this to
> suck out WP histories won't thrash the servers.

The charts are beautiful. yet I think it would be overdone to generate them
on demand for every article.
After you've seen a few you've seen them all. They give a general impression
of how fluid popular and/or contested articles are, but are too crowded for
detailed analysis.

For me a limited set of pregenerated charts for say 50 selected articles,
refreshed once a month, would be sufficient.

Erik Zachte