[Wikipedia-l] Re:WikiIndex (idea)

Evan Prodromou evan at bad.dynu.ca
Fri Mar 18 21:40:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-18-03 at 00:50 +0000, Marc O'Morain wrote:

> After thinking some more about the merits of the augmenting the
> category system or creating a new system, I thought of the following:

> What does anyone else think?

I think that the best thing to do is use RDF for metadata, and use
Turtle to save in-page RDF.

        http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/2004/01/turtle/

RDF is _the_ Internet metadata format. Turtle is the Wikitext of RDF: a
plain, easy way to do metadata markup that anyone can learn in a few
minutes.

I plan on incorporating Turtle markup into MediaWiki 1.5.x, probably as
part of a larger overhaul of the RDF generation modules to use RAP (the
RDF API for PHP).

~Evan

--
Evan Prodromou