[Wikipedia-l] Re: Image deletion

Jay Converse supermo0 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:43:14 UTC 2005

I'd like to add something to this: One of the things that I think
causes an image to be either not tagged or mistagged is the sheer
number and variety of tags available.  I avoid uploading images
altogether because there appear to be so many different possibilities
for the images I upload.  As a sort of tangent suggestion, it'd be
nice to have a selection of tags that were a bit easier to
differentiate between for someone like myself who isn't entirely
familiar with copyright.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:42:48 -0800, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple.com> wrote:
> Michael Snow wrote:
>
> > J.F. de Wolff wrote:
> >
> >> Perhaps the image uploading page should have a dropdown box that lets
> >> the uploader select a copyright format. "Possibly unfree" is NOT an
> >> option.
> >

> > Yes, we're long overdue for this, as well as a required field for
> > entering source information.
> >
>                          -------------------------------
> Source (required field): | sfsoifjpvoiaf   joey is gay |
>
> :-)
>
> It would actually be craftier to leave in the "possibly unfree"
> option as a sort of honeypot, and routinely go through and delete
> all the images so marked. Going by edit notes I've seen, lots of
> uploaders engage in a sort of wishful thinking process, where they
> know in their heart of hearts that they're doing a no-no, but they
> don't want to admit it.
>
> Stan

I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.