[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wiktionary-l] new vote for switching off First Letter Capitalization on en.wiktionary.org

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 21:17:54 UTC 2005

Mark,
It is simple, this posting is about things that will happen on the
en:wiktionary. It is not an encyclopedia but a dictionary. It is not an
English dictionary only and it includes words of potentially any
language. In a dictionary you expect to find words as they should be
spelled. Having them capitalised is plain wrong. Consequently the
current methodology of linking from the en:wikipedia to the
en:wiktionary will break. So work needs to be done to correct this. We
hope we will be able to do a lot of the work by using bots.

I hope you will be giving us a helping hand in this big undertaking.
Again this has nothing to do with the capitalisation of articles on the
en:wikipedia.

Thanks in advance,
    GerardM