[Wikipedia-l] 8.2 articles per 1000 inhabitants for nn. Any better?

Olve Utne utne at nvg.org
Fri Mar 11 05:37:46 UTC 2005

Hello Lars Alvik , Mark Williamson, et.al.,
Doing a quick bit of statistics here: The population size of Norway on 1
April 2004 was  4,582,600. It is usually claimed that about 10 % of the
population are primary users of Nynorsk. That gives a user base of 458,260.
The population has probably grown a wee bit since then, so let's say a
roughly estimated primary user base of 460.000 as of today. There are
currently 3767 articles on the Nynorsk Wikipedia. (3767/460.000*1000) =
8.19. And that has basically all happened since last summer. Unless my
mathematics are completely off (and I am admittedly a bit tired right now),
the Norwegian (Nynorsk) Wikipedia takes a clear lead with over 8 articles
pr 1000 inhabitants.

-Olve