[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia: wakeful, with invisible hands

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 05:20:58 UTC 2005

James Governor writes poetically about Wikipedia's magic, referencing
the ongoing Wikipedia debate (don't tell me you had forgotten the
continuing "Wikipedia Debate" echoing through the halls of academia) :

Governor: http://www.redmonk.com/jgovernor/archives/000536.html
Shirky: http://tinyurl.com/6l5bx
Boyd: http://www.corante.com/many/archives/2005/03/06/situating_wikipedia.php

(Andrew Lih and Jamesday get in some good comments on the Corante pieces)

--SJ

PS. While on the subject of good articles about Wikipedia, I should
also mention Simon Waldman's incisive acclaim for Wikinews (in
contrast with bloggers)
     http://www.editorsweblog.org/2005/02/wikinews_vs_blo.html
and the related interview that site did with Jimbo the week previous
     http://www.editorsweblog.org/2005/02/jimmy_wales_to_.html
.