[Wikipedia-l] Saterlandic Frisian Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 20:32:30 UTC 2005

Mark,
I was born in Zwaag. Zwaag is a small place with city rights and is now
part of Hoorn. Zwaag can be found in Westfriesland. I assume that I have
heard more Westfries spoken than you have. Hoorn, Medemblik and
Enkhuizen, all Westfrisian cities, were some of the most important
cities during the Dutch golden age. Apparently you assume that you know
everything there is to know about all the languages in the word.  Oh, I
forgot, I have an uncle whose name is Tijmstra, a respectable Frisian
name. But then again, what do I know?

Thanks,
    GerardM