[Wikipedia-l] Request for classical Chinese

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 05:21:39 UTC 2005

Well, I meant it as a joke, with a true mixing of different languages.

But the problem you mention may exist too. There are slightly
different "dialects" of wenyan that developed in Japan, Vietnam,
Korea, China, and elsewhere where it was used.

In fact, in Japan sometimes special characters called "kanbun" were
used to assist in comprehension of the text. These would be nonsense
to most Chinese-educated readers and editors.

But in general I think that the differences are very small.

Mark