[Wikipedia-l] Middle-Earth Wikipedia (was Re: Re: Why do we have them??)

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:46:56 UTC 2005

"Mark Williamson" <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote in
message news:849f98ed050627143841a440ca at mail.gmail.com...
[heavy snippage]
>... Quenya, Sindarin, Cirth, and Tengwar have
> some degree of followers (to be sure, I sometimes wish Tolkien had
> combined all his languages into Tolkienish --- it's too bad the
> Tolkien languages fanbase is sort of divided over so many different
> languages)

So why not have one "Middle-Earth languages" wikipedia, which can accept
articles written in any or all of the above?

I would assume that the problem of overlapping titles would not arise since
the titles would necessarily be different even between languages using the
same script.

Which raises a question: is it possible to come up with a system which
replicates the functionality of inter-wiki links between pages within the
same wiki?
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]