[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wiktionary-l] Article on LISA

Guaka guaka at no-log.org
Sat Jun 18 09:29:32 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 02:20 -0400, James R. Johnson wrote:
> Also, if you do it for Wiktionary, it would only be logical to merge all
> wikipedias into the Ultimate Wikipedia, Ultimate Wikiquote, Ultimate
> Wikibooks, etc.  But that's simply for consistency's sake.

There's a difference huge between a collection of words and a collection
of lists of phrases.

It would make sense to create an Ultimate Wikipedia when we'll be able
to create the Ultimate Pivot Language, possibly using the Ultimate
Wiktionary. If meaning, syntax and all these things are clearly
seperated in our UW it could guide to the creation of an artificial
language that does sufficiently well in serving as the thing stuff like
Universal Networking Language (tm) is supposed to do.

Wikipedia:
In machine translation, '''Universal Networking Language''' is 		an
artificial pivot language, that requires semi-automated translation from
the initial text into its pivot equivalent, but allows automated
translation from documents expressed in the pivot language into
virtually any language.