[Wikipedia-l] Re: Individual Wikipedias for different Sinitic vernaculars (Cantonese debate) - update

shi zhao shizhao at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 12:02:15 UTC 2005

Mark Williamson <node.ue at ...> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> In this e-mail I don't want to personally introduce new arguments but
> I want people to know that further debate on this topic is continuing
> at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages
>
> Some speakers of these languages have lent their support: Steve,
> Instantnood, and Felix Wan for Yue/Cantonese, and Nishishei,
> Pangguanzhe, and alaya for Wu/Shanghainese (Wu also includes the
> varieties of the surrounding areas including for example Suzhou).
>
> Interestingly, on that page, no native speakers have directly
> condemned the idea (only direct opposition is from Shizhao), although
> Toytoy, a Cantonese speaker, has some concerns.
>
> Mark

Or should let them write a few articles to see first how, then make the
decision.I doubt the Yue very much, how does the Wu write?Also is to use
Chinese?If what to use is a Chinese characters what I am a resolute objection,
if be like the South Fukien dialect similar colloquially a type writings of
word write I has no objection to, and approve.Just I do not know the Yue ,
does the Wu have to write the system otherly?

[[zh:user:shizhao]]