[Wikipedia-l] sign.wikepedia.org?

Skriptor skriptor at jhenning.de
Wed Jan 26 07:44:01 UTC 2005

> It is great to see that there are wikipedia's in spoken/written
> languages -
> but being from a Northern Ireland Sign Language community myself, I
> wonder
> if it is possible for Wikipedia to create
>
> Sign.wikipedia.org
>
> to imply that it is for national sign languages

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you write sign language? I was under
the impression that no common written form of sign language exists
(although I know of attempts to create a notification system, which is
however more like a dance notation language than a normal alphabet).

Skriptor
[[de:Benutzer:Skriptor]]