[Wikipedia-l] Re: recipes

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 20:44:06 UTC 2005

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales a écrit:
> Anthere wrote:
>
>>I discovered today that recipes are now legally deleted from the english
>>wikipedia where they are not welcome any more.
>

> I think this is wrong.  A rule which says "no recipes" is really quite
> misguided, and I have never found the arguments against _all_ recipes
> to be very compelling.  Some recipes, to be sure, are not compelling,
> and Wikipedia is not a cookbook.
>
> But, I don't always get my way.
>
> --Jimbo

Incidently, the most recent discussion on the topic is this proposal I
made : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3ARecipes_proposal
It was advertised on the pump as well.

Several supported it, and among the ones opposing it, there were both
some willing to have it all removed, and some willing to have it all
kept, neither of the two willing to find a middle agreement;

So, people are getting tired to discuss at all, and just finally let
Gentgeen remove all recipees entirely. So, instead of one middle
position, one of the those having the most extremist view got their way.

But, there is no evidence there is community support, just tired people
who just give up.

So, it is grossly unfair to make a rule from automatic removal.

It is certainly a habit, but making it a rule, which allow punishement
for those who do not respect it, is not correct. It is management by the
bolder.