[Wikipedia-l] images on commons and gfdl

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 04:52:42 UTC 2005

--- Magnus Manske <magnus.manske at web.de> wrote:
> Neither is the GFDL or the author list on any wikipedia article. You'll
> have to click a link (GFDL or "history", respectively).
>
> Those who care about license information will find the link. Those who
> don't care wouldn't be helped with the text in plain sight either.

With all due respect that is *exactly* what the image description page is for.
Adding another click breaks this convention and is the *very* reason why I have
not uploaded a single image from my large en.wikipedia image archive to the
commons yet.

So instead of dismissing Anthere's concern by declaring this a feature, please
instead consider this to be a bug that needs to be eventually addressed. IIRC,
Erik has already lamented about this and I therefore thought it was on
somebody's todo list.

-- mav