A Scots Wikipedia (was: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Re: com)

Stephen Forrest stephen.forrest at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 23:26:22 UTC 2005

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 03:06:12 +1100, David Gerard
<fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:

> The bit where he suggested someone write one if they want to fix it is
> probably a reason ;-)
>
> (I'm surprised there isn't a [[en:Scots language]] wikipedia yet. I'll see
> if I can interest Juthware from scotstext.org ...)

I've thought the same for a while.  I don't know any Scots (aside from
the words to Auld Lang Syne and some Burns) but would be willing to
learn and contribute.

I think a Scots wikipedia would be pretty successful.  Because Scots
is close to English, the barrier to entry for amateurs is much lower
than for the other smaller British languages.

Steve