[Wikipedia-l] Licensing

Till Westermayer till at tillwe.de
Mon Jan 10 20:57:00 UTC 2005

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . till we *) . . .

Hi NSK,

why exactly do you discussion on Wikipedia-L if you think Wikipedia is
so wrong?

Anyways, I want to corret an factual error in your rant

>In contrast, it my opinion that Wikipedia.org is collectivistic
>since does not accept signed articles,

They are implictly signed via the article history.

>author bios,

Ever heard of [[User:NSK]] pages? Here everybody can put a bio, list all
his/her contributions and so on. Isn't that an author bio?

>different licenses,

Nobody hinders one to state on ones user-page that every contribution of
that user is dual-licenced, as long as the second-licence is compatible
to GFDL.

>etc. thus, IMO, wikipedia is oppressive to
>individualistic character traits or anything that is different
>than the usual group think and practices of the community - how
>many users have been labelled trolls recently without good reason
>in wikipedia.org?

Not so many. The only one I can think of often happens to behave
somewhat trollish.

 __ .
 / / / /                            ... Till Westermayer - till we *)
. .
  . mailto:till at tillwe.de . www.westermayer.de/till/ . icq 320393072
  . Hirschstraße 5. 79100 Freiburg . 0761 55697152 . 0160 96619179
  . . . . .