[Wikipedia-l] Duplicate article

Neil Harris usenet at tonal.clara.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 23:05:53 UTC 2005

Adam Hunt wrote:

> What is the policy on duplicate articles?  "U.S. customary units" and
> "Imperial unit" both cover the same topic.
>
> --adam

Note that there are some subtleties here, with different definitions of
some customary units on different sides of the Atlantic. And, in some
cases, multiple similarly named units on the same side of the Atlantic:
consider "international mile" and "survey mile". I wouldn't be too hasty
to merge the articles without doing detailed research on these
differences, and very careful reading of the existing articles.

-- Neil