[Wikipedia-l] Re: Quenya language request, and Chinese Wikipedia again

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Sat Feb 26 10:08:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

Le Saturday 26 February 2005 00:00, Felix Wan a écrit :

> After browsing the wonderful Wikicities for some time, I have a
> different idea.  We do not need to be bound by the format of an
> encyclopedia.  Why not start a wiki about Cantonese, written
> mainly in standard English and/or standard Chinese?  I believe
> that wiki will be very useful, will attract contributors and
> readers, and should not be opposed.

Such data will be welcome on Wikibooks I think.
And once written in English it could even be translated to other languages.
I would like to see detailed teaching courses about every languages in
Wikibooks. I myself started some pages for Hindi and Gujarati.

> Since that will be a different project, I would like to do a
> quick popularity survey here.  Who will support that project?
> Who will contribute?

Sorry I won't be able to contribute, I don't know a word of any Chinese
languages. ;o)

> If the Quenya people are still on the list, let me tell you that
> I would like to see a wiki about Quenya written in English too.
> Of course, there is no restriction on writing example articles
> in Quenya.

I am not sure if colangs will be accepted on Wikibooks, but asking there is
free.

> Felix Wan

Regards,
Yann