[Wikipedia-l] Re: Africa info

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 21:54:23 UTC 2005

Even if machine translation can reach such a level, there are still
certain things about language that take a human to fix.

For example, if I translate a document from Chinese, it may be
difficult to understand and seem unnatural, even though there are no
real grammatical errors and all translations are technically correct.
If I find this happens, I will go back and read the Chinese version,
and rephrase the English translation into a more "English" way of
saying the same thing.

There are also other issues, but most are very difficult to explain.

Mark