[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wiki Problems?

Peter Jacobi peter_jacobi at gmx.net
Wed Feb 23 13:00:01 UTC 2005

Dear All,

kate wrote:
> it's probably a little early to blame mysql.  most of livejournal's
> problems, when the same thing happened to them, were caused by problems
> with their RAID controllers rather than mysql itself.

I know that "blame MySQL" is a stereotype and somewhat unhelpful advice.

I also know, that a complete failover second location would make the point
somewhat irrelevant, and may be the "sort of final" solution.

But I'm wondering whether Firebird SQL would be a replacement candidate.
Firebird is supposed to be free of the problem, they are discussing the
Wikipedia blackout, and they are also discussing the low visibility of
Firebird and things to improve it. Perhaps to the point, where Firebird
developers would be willing to contribute to integration efforts and add
features and fine-tuning to Firebird SQL?

Regards,
Peter Jacobi

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail