[Wikipedia-l] Re: Quenya language request, and Chinese Wikipedia again

Sheng Jiong sheng.jiong at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 06:29:22 UTC 2005

> > His examples are just stubs. And in fact I can read it as well.
>
> His examples from www.cantonese.org.cn?

No, but from the Cantonese test site on meta.

> > are only two possible solutions: 1) do not translate these terms into
> > Cantonese, which makes a Cantonese Wikipedia a repetition of Chinese
> > Wikipedia, or 2) translate, and no one understands.
>
> You just said that written Cantonese is so easy to understand and now
> you say once a term is translated, no one will understand it?

I mean technical terms can be tricky, because essentially no one knows
what one technical term should be translated into Cantonese. And in a
topic that is very technical (which does come out often in an
encyclopedia), that will make reading and understanding difficult.

formulax