[Wikipedia-l] Will wikipedia.org in Hebrew, Arabic etc be registered?

Tomer Chachamu the.r3m0t at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 13:56:26 UTC 2005

"Wikipedia" in Hebrew: xn--7dbcbqab9ewa.org
"Wikipedia" in Arabic: (I'm guessing) is xn--mgbbv2fyambbb.org (I took
this from the Main Page in Arabic; it's the text in quotes)

Are there plans to register these domains? What about Japanese, etc, etc?

Is Punycode even commonly used in the countries of those languages? I
know that in Israel it is common to see latinised domains
(http://www.shesh.co.il http://www.walla.co.il http://www.nana.co.il
etc) instead of domains in Unicode.

Internet Explorer does not appear to support Punycode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punycode