[Wikipedia-l] Re: Quenya language request, and Chinese Wikipedia again

Felix Wan felixwiki at earthsphere.org
Mon Feb 21 03:16:29 UTC 2005

On Sun, February 20, 2005 1:18 am, Sheng Jiong said:

> Well, that I should ask you people. I find myself engaged in a flame
> war with three persons whose total number of contributions to Wikipedia
> are less than that of mine alone.

Here I want to ask the community:
1. Do you consider this a flame war?  I believe I am discussing in a very
   rational manner.
2. How should we appeal to the community if not through the mailing list?
3. Does seniority and number of contributions count in the community
   during a discussion of issue at hand?

> And remind you, if you have not already known, one of Chinese
> Wikipedia's founding member, [[User:Lorenzarius]], was from Hong Kong.
> And he was one of the main opposer of splitting Chinese Wikipedia into
> Simplified and Traditional version before there was a conversion
> script. And [[User:Tomchiukc]] is still an active Hong Kong Wikipedian.

I don't understand why that is relevant to the issue.

I will very much like to hear their opinions on this issue.  They may
bring some good insights.  Can you invite them or should I?

Felix Wan